Daybreak Today Tuesday morning brief
LUBBOCK, Texas (KCBD) - On Daybreak Today,
Redistricting map vote
- Lubbock City Council will hold its first vote on one of two new redistricting maps during a work session today
- A second and final vote is expected on Dec. 14
- Maps and data discussed are published on the City Secretary’s web page. You can access it by clicking here.
Chad Read shooting lawsuit
- The mother and children of Chad Read are now suing Kyle Carruth for $1 million
- The lawsuit accuses him of gross negligence in the shooting death of Read last month near 90th and Ave. P
- Details here: Chad Read’s mother, children sue Kyle Carruth for gross negligence
U.S. DOJ sues Texas over redistricting
The U.S. Department of Justice is suing the state of Texas over its new Congressional redistricting maps
Federal prosecutors say the state is violating the Voting Rights Act
Read more here: Justice Department sues Texas over new redistricting maps
For more news, local and national, stick with KCBD on its free app and website; just look in the News section.
Copyright 2021 KCBD. All rights reserved.